who-on-the-what-where?

A thimble of doubt on the washboard of certainty

Monday, October 17, 2005

Black & White 2


So I've paddled in the shallows of the potentially quite deep pool of fun that is the new offering from Lionhead. I'll always be comparing this to the previous and original game which pretty much rewrote the book on god games.

The creature's thoughts are now more visible, thanks to a little thought bubble above it when it decides to do stuff autonomously. This makes rewarding and reprimanding for the right things easier, which is now also measured on a visible scale. I had him pooing on the fields and not the villagers in no time.

The addition of troops I am yet undecided about, having reached only the second island and therfore not really having seen them in full action. The original game's monumental sense of scale and detail is lovingly rendered in full DirectX 9 detail and it certainly does look and sound pretty amazing this time round.

When I've had the time to take a proper look at it I'll post again. In the mean time, back to the job and the house move. I hate it when real life gets in the way of computer games...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home